It is our goal at ENow to optimize the service delivery of mission critical Microsoft collaboration platforms our customers need to meet their operational and business challenges. Below is a summary of ENow’s key product releases and updates generally available as of October 1, 2021.
EMS 22.214.171.124 released September 2021
- Enhanced API filtering capabilities for Microsoft 365 (Mailscape365): The existing API feature has been enhanced to introduce the use of Swagger for documentation, the ability to use multiple parameters to filter test results, and four new helper endpoints. The four new helper endpoints are Server, Categories, ExcludedFilters, and Status. This feature is important because it will allow customers to perform specific searches using the API to find all failed Office 365 network tests. For example, to quickly understand what is actionable and what is not.
- The ability to set different alert recipients for on-premises Exchange or Office 365 (Mailscape and Mailscape365): This enhancement provides a way for the ENow administrator to send Office 365 alerts to a different email address than where on-premises Exchange alerts are sent to. This feature is important to customers because the team that manages Office 365 and on-premises Exchange is not always the same group. A new option within the EMS Admin Console has been added under Server | Monitoring Policy | Alerts | Alert Recipients to allow for Office 365 alerts to be sent to a different email address. We prioritized this feature to provide a better experience for the EMS administrator to ensure the team that manages Office 365 does not receive on-premises Exchange email alerts or vice versa.
- Configure a separate set of credentials for OAuth tests in Microsoft 365 (Mailscape365): This enhancement will provide the ability to reduce the need for elevated permissions and a mailbox migrated from on-prem to Exchange Online to complete Office 365 monitoring tests. This feature is important because it streamlines Office 365 monitoring configurations as it removes the need to use accounts that have elevated permissions that the security team will not want to approve. We prioritized this feature because we have observed that customers may have security limitations in place that limit what resources and access an on-premises account has to Exchange Online and vice versa.
- Configure a separate set of credentials for Org Relationship tests (Mailscape365): This enhancement will provide the ability to reduce the need for elevated permissions and a mailbox migrated from on-prem to Exchange Online in order to complete Office 365 monitoring tests. This will be accomplished by requesting individual credentials for specific Office 365 tests to allow granularity in deciding what credentials will be used. The following issues have been resolved with this update:
- Resolved an issue where the remote installer may not honor the specified installation path.
- Resolved an issue where the Licensed Users report sometimes displayed a pop-up error message.
- Resolved an issue where the Over Licensed Users report sometimes displayed a pop-up error message.
- Resolved an issue where the License Consumption Rate report does not always display data on first load.
- Resolved an issue where the MAPI/HTTPS indicator under ECLOUD-INTERNET turns red after an upgrade.
- Removed the need to store a year’s worth of license cost data on the EMS server.
- Resolved an issue where an alert and warning alert can be generated at the same time for the Microsoft Teams chat test.
- Enhanced Inactive Distribution Lists report (Mailscape): This change ensures that the Inactive Distribution Lists report for Exchange reporting only looks for email traffic summary data that is exported into SQL and not for email traffic detail data. This change was made because relying on email traffic detail data resulted in a performance penalty when running the report and required unnecessary storage on the ENow server. The following issues have been resolved with this update:
- Resolved an issue where the remote probe will not alert when no longer reporting in.
- Resolved an issue where the Mailscape SQL log service contains repeating error messages.
- Resolved an issue where the namespace ECP test could fail with an HTTP 401 Unauthorized error message.
- Resolved an issue with alerting on incremental and differential Exchange backups.
- Resolved an issue where the Organization Relationship test may not display on the One-Look Dashboard even though it is configured within the EMS admin console.
- Resolved an issue where disabling the Organization Relationship test within the EMS admin console may not result in the test showing greyed out within the One-Look Dashboard.
- Resolved an issue where previewing the Inactive Distribution List report will fail.
Product release center
To access further details on our latest product updates for Office 365 monitoring and reporting, Exchange monitoring and reporting, and Active Directory monitoring and reporting, including release notes, visit the product installer on our download link.
What’s next on our roadmap?
ENow’s product release schedule remains agile and busy. There are exciting times ahead for ENow, customers, and partners. If you are a current ENow customer, please reach out to ENow Support. If you are a prospective customer, contact us today, and we are happy to share upcoming releases on our product roadmap.